Compare the best pay as you go mobile broadband deals
Pay as you go mobile broadband is the most flexible way to start using mobile broadband services.
The best pay as you go mobile broadband deals in the UK
|Operator||Speed||Data Limits||Costs||Modem/ One Off Cost|
|T-Mobile Pay per Day Mobile Broadband||Up to 7.2Mb||500MB per day2GB per month
||£2 per day£7 per day
£15 per month
(includes £10 top up)
|3 Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband||Up to 7.2Mb||1GB||
£20.99 for 1GB
(valid for one month)
|£20.99(includes 1GB of data)
|Vodafone Top Up & Go Mobile Broadband||Up to 7.2Mb||1GB||£15 per 3GB(lasts for 30 days)||£19.99 (includes 3GB data)
|O2 Pay & Go Mobile Broadband||Up to 3.6Mb||
|£2.04 per day
£15.32 per month
|£20.42(includes 2GB data)
Last Updated: October 2 2011
As with pay as you go mobile phones, you simply pay up front for the usb modem and then pre-pay for your mobile broadband internet access via top up vouchers. Pay as you go mobile broadband could actually work out cheaper than signing up to a contract depending on your usage. Several operators offer quite different Pay as you go tariffs, one if which could meet your needs.
5 Reasons to Choose Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband
- A low risk, low cost way to test whether mobile broadband is for you. If you like the idea of mobile broadband but you’re not sure if you’ll actually use it why not test it out by trying Pay as you go mobile broadband and seeing how you get on?
- Pay as you go mobile broadband is a great way to test out the cost and quality of a service without signing an 18 month contract. You can test the mobile broadband service in the areas you intend to use mobile broadband and if its poor you can sell the usb modem on via eBay. You also remove the risk of a huge bill caused by unknowingly going over your monthly data download limit.
- Pay as you go mobile broadband is ideal if you only plan occasional use. Perhaps you want to make sure you and the kids have internet access whilst visiting Grandma’s house, or maybe you regularly take short breaks in hotels or holiday homes in the UK? Either way Pay as you go mobile broadband is the ideal solution.
- If you need internet access but know you’ll soon be moving house it could be risky, or expensive to sign up to a long term contract as your new home may not have coverage. Pay as you go mobile broadband is the ideal service to ‘fill the gap’.
- Give the gift of mobile broadband. Pay as you go is a great way to give someone mobile broadband access as a present. Perhaps your boyfriend or daughter keeps dropping hints about mobile broadband. You could buy them the modem and £30 worth of vouchers to start them off.